ARE YOU SOMEONE OR DO YOU KNOW SOMEONE WHO…
Has expressed an interest in becoming Catholic?
Has a child over the age of seven who has not been baptized?
Was baptized Catholic as a child, but has not celebrated the Sacraments of Confirmation and Eucharist?
We offer an opportunity to come together in a small group to learn more about our faith. Sessions focus on the teachings and experience of Church and prepare individuals to celebrate the Sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist during the Easter season. There are separate sessions for children or youth. You are welcome to participate in the process with your questions, your insights and your faith story in a warm accepting setting.
For information please contact the parish office now or come to the office in August 2018.
Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA)
- The RCIA is a process through which an adult who feels called to enter the Catholic Church is helped to discern his or her call.
- Adults who have not been previously baptized (Catechumens) are received into the Catholic Church through the sacraments of Baptism, Confirmation and the Holy Eucharist.
- Baptized Christians who wish to join the Catholic Church (Candidates) are received into the Church through penance, profession of faith, confirmation, and the Holy Eucharist.
- During the RCIA journey, Church doctrine, liturgy, life, and service are explored and reviewed.
- The larger Church community is involved in welcoming, instructing, helping and praying for catechumens and candidates.
- RCIA is offered once a year, beginning in September, ending at Pentecost and culminating with the formal rites of acceptance at the Easter Vigil.
- If you are thinking of joining the RCIA, or for further information, please contact Karen.Boston@caedm.ca
- Since it takes the whole community to support people in this initial faith journey, sponsors, catechists and hospitality ministers are always needed and welcome. Contact the parish office in August to join our dynamic team and reach out to those who wish to become Catholic. Training will be provided for those new to this ministry.
- Formal sessions begin in September of each year.